Island Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Εξορμηση στους δρομους της Λευκωσιας
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby Askaso Tue 17 Dec 2013, 10:35 pm

» ΔΙΑΔΗΛΩΣΗ κατά της αστυνομικής βίας και της ρατσιστικής στοχοποίησης 8/12
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby informa Mon 09 Dec 2013, 6:15 am

» Με λένε εξέγερση.
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby Askaso Mon 18 Nov 2013, 2:04 am

» 9/11/13-ΛΕΥΚΩΣΙΑ-ΚΥΠΡΟΣ:Πανο αλληλεγγυης στους κατοικους χαλκιδικης
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby Askaso Sun 10 Nov 2013, 5:53 pm

» Δράση Ανώνυμους στο κέντρο της Λευκωσίας
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby informa Thu 07 Nov 2013, 3:29 am

» Anti-Depression Operation | 2 year anniversary Occupy Buffer Zone
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby informa Thu 24 Oct 2013, 1:01 am

» The Biggest Scam In The History Of Mankind - Hidden Secrets of Money
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby informa Fri 18 Oct 2013, 10:10 am

» ΚΥΠΡΟΣ: Αντιφασιστικές διαδηλώσεις για την δολοφονία του Παύλου Φύσσα [BINTEO]
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby TribalNetworking Thu 03 Oct 2013, 7:18 am

» ΛΕΜΕΣΟΣ: ΠΟΡΕΙΑ ΓΙΑ ΤΗΝ ΔΟΛΟΦΟΝΙΑ ΤΟΥ ΑΝΤΙΦΑΣΙΣΤΑ "ΠΑΥΛΟΥ ΦΥΣΣΑ" ΑΠΟ ΧΡΥΣΑΥΓΙΤΕΣ
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby informa Sun 22 Sep 2013, 10:06 am

» ΠΟΡΕΙΑ ΓΙΑ ΤΗΝ ΔΟΛΟΦΟΝΙΑ ΤΟΥ ΑΝΤΙΦΑΣΙΣΤΑ "ΠΑΥΛΟΥ ΦΥΣΣΑ" ΑΠΟ ΧΡΥΣΑΥΓΙΤΕΣ | 19/9
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby informa Sat 21 Sep 2013, 3:59 pm

» Ρουμανία: Οι διαδηλωτές νίκησαν το μεγαλύτερο ορυχείο της Ευρώπης
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby sabate Wed 11 Sep 2013, 11:43 pm

» Ταινία : ΝΑ ΜΗΝ ΖΗΣΟΥΜΕ ΣΑΝ ΔΟΥΛΟΙ (Aύγουστος 2013)
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby informa Wed 04 Sep 2013, 6:47 am

» Eλευθεριακό / αντιεξουσιαστικό κάμπιγκ | Antiauthoritarian / Libertarian Camp | **PHOTOS **
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby informa Wed 04 Sep 2013, 6:11 am

» μπροσούρα (και βίντεο): “O ζωικός κόσμος και η μηχανή καταπίεσης του πολιτισμού απο μια αναρχική οπτική”
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby adamasto Mon 02 Sep 2013, 8:13 pm

» Eλευθεριακό / αντιεξουσιαστικό κάμπιγκ στα Πλατάνια | Antiauthoritarian / Libertarian Camp at the campsite of Platania
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby oorestisime Mon 19 Aug 2013, 5:55 pm

» Egypt | LIVE streams
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby informa Fri 16 Aug 2013, 8:37 pm

» Antimilitarist Peace Operation: LIVE on Radio Manolis
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby informa Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:23 pm

» Antiauthoritarian / Libertarian Camp | Platania, Cyprus 2013
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby informa Mon 12 Aug 2013, 6:21 pm

» EPISTOLI APO TON Σ.Κ.Α.Λ
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby informa Sat 10 Aug 2013, 5:14 pm

» Anarchist education
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby chaplin Thu 08 Aug 2013, 7:40 pm

» Πάτρα: Εκκένωση 3 καταλήψεων στις 6:30 περίπου το πρωί
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby Paloukadoros Mon 05 Aug 2013, 5:58 pm

» Save the Limni Area. Save the Turtles! (Video)
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby informa Sun 28 Jul 2013, 12:27 am

» ANTIFA LEAGUE CYPRUS #1
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby ccc Sun 21 Jul 2013, 6:03 pm

» AntiMilitarist Barış Harekâtı/Αντιμιλιταριστική Ειρηνική Επιχείρηση/AntiMilitarist Peace Operation 2013
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby ccc Sun 21 Jul 2013, 6:02 pm

» Παρεμβαση αντιφασιστων/αντιφασιστριων
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby Askaso Sun 21 Jul 2013, 2:08 am

» Κουτι οικονομικης ενισχυσης για το Κωστα Σακκα
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby Askaso Thu 18 Jul 2013, 6:23 am

» Αποφυλάκιση του Κ. Σακκά
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby chaplin Thu 11 Jul 2013, 6:22 pm

» Εξόρυξη χρυσού και άλλων μετάλλων στην Κύπρο
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby chaplin Wed 10 Jul 2013, 5:05 pm

» Φωτογραφίες από την Χιπχόπ συναυλία Αλληλεγγύης σε Μετανάστες και Πρόσφυγες | Σκαπούλα
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby informa Wed 03 Jul 2013, 7:20 am

» Αλληλεγγύη στον αναρχικό πολιτικό κρατούμενο Κ. Σακκά
Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeby chaplin Fri 28 Jun 2013, 3:20 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Demonstration against police violence and racism Bge2hu
Demonstration against police violence and racism 2w597uu
Demonstration against police violence and racism Ebebzc
Demonstration against police violence and racism Bj5wnl
Demonstration against police violence and racism 2ikp9o4
Demonstration against police violence and racism 2yu0l5v
Demonstration against police violence and racism 2uxuz9u
Demonstration against police violence and racism Tor_pr10

Demonstration against police violence and racism

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
informa

informa

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Demonstration against police violence and racism Empty
PostSubject: Demonstration against police violence and racism   Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2009, 9:36 pm

Announcement from:
KISA – Action for Equality Support, Antiracism
ALERT – Movement Against Police Brutality and its Judicial Whitewash
Awake Within the Walls - Old Nicosia Residents’ Association

We, the undersigned organisations, communities and groups, are staging a demonstration on Sunday, 4 October 2009, at 11:00 a.m., starting at Eleftheria Square in Nicosia, in order to protest against and condemn the police operation “Broom” carried out on Friday, 25 September 2009, in the old town of Nicosia.

Demonstration against police violence and racism Bringo11
Back to top Go down
hecate

hecate

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Demonstration against police violence and racism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demonstration against police violence and racism   Demonstration against police violence and racism I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2009, 10:59 pm

HANDS OFF MIGRANTS – STOP POLICE VIOLENCE – STOP RACISM NOW!

We, the undersigned organisations, communities and groups, are staging a demonstration on Sunday, 4 October 2009, at 11:00 a.m., starting at Eleftheria Square in Nicosia, in order to protest against and condemn the police operation “Broom” carried out on Friday, 25 September 2009, in the old town of Nicosia.

This operation, indiscriminately directed against migrants, was both arbitrary and illegal. Migrants have once again been scapegoated by the police in an alleged fight against “crime” and “illegal” migration and at least partly in an attempt to reverse the negative public image of violence, corruption and abuse of power the police have created for themselves. However, the operation, staged in full view of the media and with the whole of Cyprus watching, did nothing more than feed racism and xenophobia and falsely link migrants to crime.

Instead of meeting the legitimate concerns and demands of the residents of the old city, which include the implementation of legislation on a number of issues, such as noise pollution, traffic congestion and regulation of places of entertainment, the police victimise and terrorise one of the most vulnerable groups in society on the basis of the colour of their skin, shattering their dignity but also instilling fear and insecurity in society as a whole.

Rather that dealing with the real problems of the unacceptable living conditions migrants are facing and of their exploitation by unscrupulous landlords, the Municipality of Nicosia and other authorities have allowed their authority to be compromised by the police acting as a state within the state. The present state of confusion within all competent authorities must be immediately addressed and the police called to account. Otherwise, as in the past, the police may further exercise their brutal methods against other sections of society such as the young, people of diverse sexual orientation and other minority groups as well.

We call on the whole of society, NGOs and concerned individuals to raise their voices and join the demonstration against the police and their abuse of power, for the defence of the rights of migrants and human rights in general.

Sunday, 4 October 2009 11:00 a.m.
start at Eleftheria Square - end at Faneromeni Square

Organised by:
KISA – Action for Equality, Support, Antiracism
ALERT – Movement Against Police Brutality and its Judicial Whitewash
Awake Within the Walls - Old Nicosia Residents’ Association

Supported by:
Anatropi Magazine – Association for Recognized Refugees in Cyprus - Association in Support of Foreign Workers - Cameroonian Association in Cyprus - Congolese Asylum Seekers Association – Cyprus Tamil Association – Cypriot Kurdish Friendship Association – European Network Against Racism–Cyprus Coordination - Kurdish Democratic Committee (CDK) - Kenyan Welfare Association in Cyprus – Non-Resident Nepali Association, Cyprus – OFW Family Club-Cyprus Chapter – Stop the war Coalition – Sri Lankan Community - Tinig Pinoy-Filipino Voice Publication – Workers Democracy – Youth Against Nationalism
Back to top Go down
http://mayissokamomata.blogspot.com/

Demonstration against police violence and racism
Page 1 of 1