Island Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Εξορμηση στους δρομους της Λευκωσιας
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby Askaso Tue 17 Dec 2013, 10:35 pm

» ΔΙΑΔΗΛΩΣΗ κατά της αστυνομικής βίας και της ρατσιστικής στοχοποίησης 8/12
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby informa Mon 09 Dec 2013, 6:15 am

» Με λένε εξέγερση.
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby Askaso Mon 18 Nov 2013, 2:04 am

» 9/11/13-ΛΕΥΚΩΣΙΑ-ΚΥΠΡΟΣ:Πανο αλληλεγγυης στους κατοικους χαλκιδικης
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby Askaso Sun 10 Nov 2013, 5:53 pm

» Δράση Ανώνυμους στο κέντρο της Λευκωσίας
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby informa Thu 07 Nov 2013, 3:29 am

» Anti-Depression Operation | 2 year anniversary Occupy Buffer Zone
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby informa Thu 24 Oct 2013, 1:01 am

» The Biggest Scam In The History Of Mankind - Hidden Secrets of Money
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby informa Fri 18 Oct 2013, 10:10 am

» ΚΥΠΡΟΣ: Αντιφασιστικές διαδηλώσεις για την δολοφονία του Παύλου Φύσσα [BINTEO]
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby TribalNetworking Thu 03 Oct 2013, 7:18 am

» ΛΕΜΕΣΟΣ: ΠΟΡΕΙΑ ΓΙΑ ΤΗΝ ΔΟΛΟΦΟΝΙΑ ΤΟΥ ΑΝΤΙΦΑΣΙΣΤΑ "ΠΑΥΛΟΥ ΦΥΣΣΑ" ΑΠΟ ΧΡΥΣΑΥΓΙΤΕΣ
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby informa Sun 22 Sep 2013, 10:06 am

» ΠΟΡΕΙΑ ΓΙΑ ΤΗΝ ΔΟΛΟΦΟΝΙΑ ΤΟΥ ΑΝΤΙΦΑΣΙΣΤΑ "ΠΑΥΛΟΥ ΦΥΣΣΑ" ΑΠΟ ΧΡΥΣΑΥΓΙΤΕΣ | 19/9
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby informa Sat 21 Sep 2013, 3:59 pm

» Ρουμανία: Οι διαδηλωτές νίκησαν το μεγαλύτερο ορυχείο της Ευρώπης
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby sabate Wed 11 Sep 2013, 11:43 pm

» Ταινία : ΝΑ ΜΗΝ ΖΗΣΟΥΜΕ ΣΑΝ ΔΟΥΛΟΙ (Aύγουστος 2013)
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby informa Wed 04 Sep 2013, 6:47 am

» Eλευθεριακό / αντιεξουσιαστικό κάμπιγκ | Antiauthoritarian / Libertarian Camp | **PHOTOS **
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby informa Wed 04 Sep 2013, 6:11 am

» μπροσούρα (και βίντεο): “O ζωικός κόσμος και η μηχανή καταπίεσης του πολιτισμού απο μια αναρχική οπτική”
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby adamasto Mon 02 Sep 2013, 8:13 pm

» Eλευθεριακό / αντιεξουσιαστικό κάμπιγκ στα Πλατάνια | Antiauthoritarian / Libertarian Camp at the campsite of Platania
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby oorestisime Mon 19 Aug 2013, 5:55 pm

» Egypt | LIVE streams
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby informa Fri 16 Aug 2013, 8:37 pm

» Antimilitarist Peace Operation: LIVE on Radio Manolis
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby informa Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:23 pm

» Antiauthoritarian / Libertarian Camp | Platania, Cyprus 2013
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby informa Mon 12 Aug 2013, 6:21 pm

» EPISTOLI APO TON Σ.Κ.Α.Λ
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby informa Sat 10 Aug 2013, 5:14 pm

» Anarchist education
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby chaplin Thu 08 Aug 2013, 7:40 pm

» Πάτρα: Εκκένωση 3 καταλήψεων στις 6:30 περίπου το πρωί
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby Paloukadoros Mon 05 Aug 2013, 5:58 pm

» Save the Limni Area. Save the Turtles! (Video)
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby informa Sun 28 Jul 2013, 12:27 am

» ANTIFA LEAGUE CYPRUS #1
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby ccc Sun 21 Jul 2013, 6:03 pm

» AntiMilitarist Barış Harekâtı/Αντιμιλιταριστική Ειρηνική Επιχείρηση/AntiMilitarist Peace Operation 2013
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby ccc Sun 21 Jul 2013, 6:02 pm

» Παρεμβαση αντιφασιστων/αντιφασιστριων
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby Askaso Sun 21 Jul 2013, 2:08 am

» Κουτι οικονομικης ενισχυσης για το Κωστα Σακκα
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby Askaso Thu 18 Jul 2013, 6:23 am

» Αποφυλάκιση του Κ. Σακκά
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby chaplin Thu 11 Jul 2013, 6:22 pm

» Εξόρυξη χρυσού και άλλων μετάλλων στην Κύπρο
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby chaplin Wed 10 Jul 2013, 5:05 pm

» Φωτογραφίες από την Χιπχόπ συναυλία Αλληλεγγύης σε Μετανάστες και Πρόσφυγες | Σκαπούλα
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby informa Wed 03 Jul 2013, 7:20 am

» Αλληλεγγύη στον αναρχικό πολιτικό κρατούμενο Κ. Σακκά
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeby chaplin Fri 28 Jun 2013, 3:20 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) Bge2hu
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) 2w597uu
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) Ebebzc
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) Bj5wnl
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) 2ikp9o4
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) 2yu0l5v
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) 2uxuz9u
Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) Tor_pr10

Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
informa

informa

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) Empty
PostSubject: Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe)   Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe) I_icon_minitimeWed 04 Nov 2009, 10:16 pm

I’m going to let you in on a little secret. Come closer now…come closer. Lean in. Are you ready? I’m going to whisper. (I like soup.) Don’t tell anyone!

Okay, so I just made a big deal out of nothing. But the fact remains that I love soup, especially at this chilly (chilly? try frigid) time of year. And out of all the soups in my repertoire (have you tried this one yet? Your heart will rejoice), the one that most says “Comfort Food” to me is my mom’s time-tested Cauliflower Soup. It’s brothy. Savory. Creamy. Filled with tender chunks of cauliflower and all the comforts of home. I’ve made it in my own household for years…and today I share it with you.
Keep in mind that while this soup may appear to have a lot of steps, there’s nothing difficult about it. Just get your ingredients ready and it’ll be a cinch.

Here’s what you’ll need:

The Cast of Characters: Cauliflower, Carrot, Onion, Celery, Chicken Broth or Stock, Milk, Half & Half, Butter, Flour, Salt, Pepper, Sour Cream, and Parsley (fresh or dried).

Wash 1 to 2 heads of cauliflower, depending on how chunky you’d like the soup to be. I use about a head and 1/3 of another head.

Just whack the head in half and get rid of the hard inner core and green parts.

Then just roughly chop the cauliflower.

You could be meticulous and cut the cauliflower into neat little florets…but why?

Next, finely dice one carrot. I just cut strips in the carrot, then rotate the strips 90 degrees and finely dice.

I do the same to the celery: just cut it into strips, then dice.

Same goes with the onion: first cut lines/strips…

<Then dice away!
Then say the following word: Mirepoix, pronounced “mi-reh-pwah.” That’s what this is.

Place a stock pot or dutch oven over medium high heat and melt 4 tablespoons butter in the pan. When the butter’s melted, throw in the onions.

Stir them around for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they get a little color.

Throw in the carrots and celery…

And stir it around for a minute or so.

Now just throw in the cauliflower. If it’s finely diced, it should measure to about 2 quarts. If it’s large and weird like mine, more like 3 quarts.

Stir it around to combine…

Next, and please don’t hate me, add 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, if you have it. PLEASE, IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THE WORLD AND YOU FIND YOURSELF LUCKY ENOUGH TO LIVE NEAR A SUPERMARKET THAT CARRIES FRESH PARSLEY, add it in.
If you don’t, however, use dried parsley flakes. In the end, you won’t even be able to tell.

Give it a good stir, reduce the heat to low…

And cover the pot. Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes, stirring once or twice during the process.

When 15 minutes is over, pour in 2 quarts of chicken broth. If you have homemade stock in your freezer, go for it. If you don’t, but it in the store. Just be sure to buy the low sodium variety so you’ll be able to control the salt content of the soup.
It’s all about control, people. Cauliflower and control.

Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat and let the soup simmer.

While it’s simmering, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.

In a separate bowl, pour 2 cups whole milk. I always use whole milk in soups because…well, because.

Add 6 tablespons flour to the milk…

Mix together with a whisk.

As soon as the butter in melted…

Pour the milk/flour mixture into the saucepan.

Stir to combine. Almost immediately, it’ll thicken into a nice white sauce.
Did you know you just made a white sauce? It’s true!
Well, I made it for you, but still. Your heart was in it.

Next, because the world is a crazy place, add 1 cup of half & half to the white sauce.

And now for the fun part: Pour the white sauce into the simmering soup mixture.

Yum. This SHORE smells good.

Now, just throw in a bay leaf or two.

And a little bit of salt. We’ll want to taste the soup before adding much salt.
Now just let the soup simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. It’ll fill your house with fanciful aromas and feelings.

Here’s my soup tureen. My old friend, Sissy, gave it to me when I got married and it made my heart go pitter-pat.
I love you, Sissy. Thank you for my soup tureen. It always make me think of you.
China check: Spode “Blue Italian”

Now, here’s the kicker: just before serving, throw 1 generous cup of sour cream into the serving bowl or tureen.

Add 2 to 3 ladles of hot soup into the serving bowl…

Give it a good stir, just to get the sour cream used to the soup.

Pour the rest of the soup into the serving bowl.

And let me tell you, if you don’t think this stuff is beyond yummy, you’ve got another thing comin’.

It makes me tingle. In a really, really good way.
And YOU can tingle, TOO! Just make this soup today.
Here’s the recipe:
PW’s Mom’s Cauliflower Soup
1 stick butter
1/2 onion, finely diced
1 carrot, finely diced
1 celery stalk, finely diced
1 to 2 heads cauliflower, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh or dried parsley
2 quarts low-sodium chicken broth or stock
2 cups whole milk
6 tablespoons flour
1 cup half & half
2 to 4 teaspoons salt, to taste
1 generous cup sour cream, at room temperature
In a large soup pot or dutch oven, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Add the onion and cook for a few minutes, or until it starts to turn brown. Add the carrots and celery and cook an addition couple of minutes. Add cauliflower and parsley and stir to combine. Cover and cook over very low heat for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, pour in chicken stock or broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer.
In a medium saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Mix the flour with the milk and whisk to combine. Add flour-milk mixture slowly to the butter, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup half & half.
Add mixture to the simmering soup. Allow to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Check seasoning and add more salt or pepper if necessary.
Just before serving, place the sour cream in a serving bowl or soup tureen. Add two to three ladles of hot soup into the tureen and stir to combine with the sour cream. Pour in remaining soup and stir.

Serve immediately.

Oh! And one more thing:
Have a wonderful day!
Love,Pioneer Woman
Back to top Go down

Cauliflower Soup (Συνταγή - Recipe)
Page 1 of 1