Island Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Εξορμηση στους δρομους της Λευκωσιας
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby Askaso Tue 17 Dec 2013, 10:35 pm

» ΔΙΑΔΗΛΩΣΗ κατά της αστυνομικής βίας και της ρατσιστικής στοχοποίησης 8/12
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby informa Mon 09 Dec 2013, 6:15 am

» Με λένε εξέγερση.
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby Askaso Mon 18 Nov 2013, 2:04 am

» 9/11/13-ΛΕΥΚΩΣΙΑ-ΚΥΠΡΟΣ:Πανο αλληλεγγυης στους κατοικους χαλκιδικης
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby Askaso Sun 10 Nov 2013, 5:53 pm

» Δράση Ανώνυμους στο κέντρο της Λευκωσίας
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby informa Thu 07 Nov 2013, 3:29 am

» Anti-Depression Operation | 2 year anniversary Occupy Buffer Zone
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby informa Thu 24 Oct 2013, 1:01 am

» The Biggest Scam In The History Of Mankind - Hidden Secrets of Money
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby informa Fri 18 Oct 2013, 10:10 am

» ΚΥΠΡΟΣ: Αντιφασιστικές διαδηλώσεις για την δολοφονία του Παύλου Φύσσα [BINTEO]
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby TribalNetworking Thu 03 Oct 2013, 7:18 am

» ΛΕΜΕΣΟΣ: ΠΟΡΕΙΑ ΓΙΑ ΤΗΝ ΔΟΛΟΦΟΝΙΑ ΤΟΥ ΑΝΤΙΦΑΣΙΣΤΑ "ΠΑΥΛΟΥ ΦΥΣΣΑ" ΑΠΟ ΧΡΥΣΑΥΓΙΤΕΣ
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby informa Sun 22 Sep 2013, 10:06 am

» ΠΟΡΕΙΑ ΓΙΑ ΤΗΝ ΔΟΛΟΦΟΝΙΑ ΤΟΥ ΑΝΤΙΦΑΣΙΣΤΑ "ΠΑΥΛΟΥ ΦΥΣΣΑ" ΑΠΟ ΧΡΥΣΑΥΓΙΤΕΣ | 19/9
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby informa Sat 21 Sep 2013, 3:59 pm

» Ρουμανία: Οι διαδηλωτές νίκησαν το μεγαλύτερο ορυχείο της Ευρώπης
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby sabate Wed 11 Sep 2013, 11:43 pm

» Ταινία : ΝΑ ΜΗΝ ΖΗΣΟΥΜΕ ΣΑΝ ΔΟΥΛΟΙ (Aύγουστος 2013)
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby informa Wed 04 Sep 2013, 6:47 am

» Eλευθεριακό / αντιεξουσιαστικό κάμπιγκ | Antiauthoritarian / Libertarian Camp | **PHOTOS **
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby informa Wed 04 Sep 2013, 6:11 am

» μπροσούρα (και βίντεο): “O ζωικός κόσμος και η μηχανή καταπίεσης του πολιτισμού απο μια αναρχική οπτική”
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby adamasto Mon 02 Sep 2013, 8:13 pm

» Eλευθεριακό / αντιεξουσιαστικό κάμπιγκ στα Πλατάνια | Antiauthoritarian / Libertarian Camp at the campsite of Platania
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby oorestisime Mon 19 Aug 2013, 5:55 pm

» Egypt | LIVE streams
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby informa Fri 16 Aug 2013, 8:37 pm

» Antimilitarist Peace Operation: LIVE on Radio Manolis
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby informa Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:23 pm

» Antiauthoritarian / Libertarian Camp | Platania, Cyprus 2013
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby informa Mon 12 Aug 2013, 6:21 pm

» EPISTOLI APO TON Σ.Κ.Α.Λ
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby informa Sat 10 Aug 2013, 5:14 pm

» Anarchist education
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby chaplin Thu 08 Aug 2013, 7:40 pm

» Πάτρα: Εκκένωση 3 καταλήψεων στις 6:30 περίπου το πρωί
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby Paloukadoros Mon 05 Aug 2013, 5:58 pm

» Save the Limni Area. Save the Turtles! (Video)
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby informa Sun 28 Jul 2013, 12:27 am

» ANTIFA LEAGUE CYPRUS #1
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby ccc Sun 21 Jul 2013, 6:03 pm

» AntiMilitarist Barış Harekâtı/Αντιμιλιταριστική Ειρηνική Επιχείρηση/AntiMilitarist Peace Operation 2013
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby ccc Sun 21 Jul 2013, 6:02 pm

» Παρεμβαση αντιφασιστων/αντιφασιστριων
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby Askaso Sun 21 Jul 2013, 2:08 am

» Κουτι οικονομικης ενισχυσης για το Κωστα Σακκα
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby Askaso Thu 18 Jul 2013, 6:23 am

» Αποφυλάκιση του Κ. Σακκά
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby chaplin Thu 11 Jul 2013, 6:22 pm

» Εξόρυξη χρυσού και άλλων μετάλλων στην Κύπρο
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby chaplin Wed 10 Jul 2013, 5:05 pm

» Φωτογραφίες από την Χιπχόπ συναυλία Αλληλεγγύης σε Μετανάστες και Πρόσφυγες | Σκαπούλα
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby informa Wed 03 Jul 2013, 7:20 am

» Αλληλεγγύη στον αναρχικό πολιτικό κρατούμενο Κ. Σακκά
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeby chaplin Fri 28 Jun 2013, 3:20 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop Bge2hu
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop 2w597uu
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop Ebebzc
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop Bj5wnl
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop 2ikp9o4
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop 2yu0l5v
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop 2uxuz9u
Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop Tor_pr10

Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop

Go down 
AuthorMessage
punkunin

punkunin

Number of posts : 208
Τόπος : ..εις τας εξορίας!
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop Empty
PostSubject: Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop   Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop I_icon_minitimeSat 30 Mar 2013, 7:32 pm

Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis

Key points from the conversation between Radio 98FM (Greek alternative radio) and Syspirosi Atakton (Anarchist group in Cyprus).

98FM: How did you see the “No” from the parliament?

Syspirosi Atakton: We felt that the NO,from politicians, was like a reflex, because as it turned later there was no “Plan B” nor a path for a change so they continued the negotiations hoping for something better.

When the neoliberal president was elected he was expecting that the Plan A would be the same austerity measures applied in the other countries. He was caught off guard and that is mainly why they voted no. They wanted to keep their deposits intact and support for the big capital. All in all the no was not something revolutionary, they were serving their interests and their deposits. All those reports on the heroic NO of the Cypriots was more like a fairytale that was easy to sell.

98FM: We want some more details about the society in Cyprus.

SA: The following points were made to explain how an environment was created with which social acceptance for the current system was achieved:- In Cyprus for a number of years all the political parties and syndicates have been working together to gain social acceptance for the current system. There was a stability in employment and some rises on salaries. However, this was nothing compared to the profits made by the banking system and the tourism industry. This led to a general social acceptance of the way the banking system worked.- Since 1974 there was a flow of foreign capital in Cyprus that created the bubble of the banking system. At the beginning it was from Lebanon, then from Yugoslavia and more recently the Russia. The political party of the left were supporting this and therefore there was no critisism of this system from any political parties nor mainstream media. - The social acceptance of the banking system and the events of Mari (a big explosion at a naval base which killed 13 people) after which there seem to be an alliance between the neo-nazi party (ELAM) and the neoliberals (DISI) against the then left government, had a great part in the rise of DISI in the presidential elections but also in generating the opinion that there was only one solution to our problem (the austerity measures and the help from troica ).

98FM: What about the archbishop and his offer to the state the ??belongings?? of the church.

SA: At first we need to state out that the same person said similar things during the Annan referendum. He said he will give to every refugee, of the war of 1974, a plot of land if they voted no. He never gave anything to anyone!! The truth is that the archbishop is really close to neo nazi and nationalistic views and he is a supporter of the current president. The church has 800m of property of estates. They own hotels, the Hellenic bank in Cyprus and KEO (local beer industry). But at the same time they don’t have the required liquidity to help and we doubt they can sell their property with the economical unbalance in Cyprus.

98FM: What about the natural gas?

SA: There is the common belief that the extraction of natural gas will save Cyprus from economic destruction. But until now we have not had any concrete information as to what the actual value of it is or whether we will extract it in 2, 5 or even 10 years. They are using the potential for natural gas in order to try and keep people calm and avoid organised resistance. Another important piece of information on this matter is that the left party AKEL, who was the government for the last 5 years (until the end of February), made agreements and (new) alliances with Israel regarding the natural gas. As a consequence Cyprus lost alliances with the countries of middle east like Syria and Egypt who were our natural. In the end Israel re-established their connections/alliances with Turkey and now it remains to be seen whether Israel is actually our ally or not.

98FM: Our mainstream media were presenting the situation in Cyprus as disastrous. Empty supermarkets, pharmacies out of stock etc. Was it true?

SA: We had these pictures in our mainstream media as well, but as it turned out later those pictures were taken from different situations and potentially in different countries. The media were trying to create a sense of panic and in a way terrorise people, so that they would accept the cuts as the only solution. The truth is that people were calm enough. There was food and medicines and everything was working well except business like petrol stations that required cash to provide for petrol as people were only using their credit cards.

98FM: What do you think will happen now? Will people rise up for the situation?

SA: We expect that people will get to the streets. Two years ago unemployment was estimated on 1%. Now it is 14% and we expect it to be double in 6 months. It will be impossible to keep people calm and reassured with rates of unemployment always rising. Let’s take as an example the people working in the banks, which until now that was a really safe and well-paid job. People will get fired and they won’t be able to pay their debts for their car or their house or even their kid’s education. We don’t think the current system will be able to control the anger of these people. Already during this week we have seen different things in the streets. The change is imminent.

The duration of the conversation was around 1h15. For more information or questions you can contact us anytime syspirosi_atakton@mail.com

http://syspirosiatakton.org/
http://www.islandanarchy.com/
http://www.radio98fm.org/index/el/98fm.html
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004497850837
Back to top Go down

Interview with Cypriot Anarchists regarding the crisis - Infoshop
Page 1 of 1